With the rise of technology, the gap of time and distance is closing. A lot of people have turned to Online Travel groups for information, guidance, and community. Like Travel Latina, these groups sometimes focus on specific demographics and are also sometimes called “Travel Tribes”. Being part of travel groups allows you to prepare for your next destination with confidence. You can start discussions, ask questions and network. I’ve also seen groups with job posting for the digital nomad.
5 Travel Groups you should look into
- Travel Massive: The world’s largest community of travel leaders, insiders, and innovators. This website also posts job openings. So if you are also looking for a remote job and be part of an awesome traveling community, this one is one of the top ones to look into.
- TravelTribe: Is a platform where multiple travel tribes gather online and offline. This website also invites travel agencies to promote their deals.
- Nomadness Travel: This tribe an urban, travel, online social community of over 15,000 members. It has hundreds of meet ups around the world, many on a weekly basis.
- BlackGirlFly: This sisterhood is 5000 strong! The goal of every BGF trip is to immerse in the various cultures of the world.
- Contiki: The original travel company for the young, wild and free, they’ve perfected the art of travel for 18-35 year old’s.
Why you should join Online Travel Groups
Travel Groups are a great way to network and get to know like minded individuals. And, most of the time you will get to learn things from a local’s point of view, especially when inquiring about certain locations. In fact, being part of Travel Latina has allowed me to meet awesome women in my demographic who are explorers at heart.
Finally, Having a Tribe that encourages your passion for traveling the world is invaluable and can become a great tool as you become a citize of this planet.